The ant is very helpful and leads you for a long while. Then, all of the sudden it starts to rain. The rain gets harder and harder and turns into a heavy rain storm.
- Ant: I am sorry but I a fearful that I may drown so I must go underground. Good luck on finding your way out of the rainforest.
- The ant leaves you and you think about how much you which you had bought a raincoat and an umbrella. It rains and rains and you wonder if it will ever stop. You find a tree with a large hole in the trunk. You squeeze inside of it. It’s tight fit but at least you are of the rain. A monkey hears you grumbling about the rain an decides to squeeze in to the trunk to get out of the rain as well.
- Monkey: why are you complaining about the rain?
- You tell the Monkey that where you live it does not rain so much. You then tell monkey that you are trying to get out of the rainforest and are lost.
- Monkey: Well, I will tell you what, if you can stop grumbling about the rain and tell me why it is so important that is rains so much more in the rainforest than where you live then I will help you for part of your journey.
You agree. What should you tell the monkey?
- It’s not important; it only has to rain as much as it does in the United States.
- It’s important because so many plants need a lot of water to grow.
- The rain allows the animal to stay cool because it is always so hot in the rainforest.
Please research the climate of the rainforest and make your choice and explain your answer.

